Lesson Checklist

 

Look at a lesson that you are planning or have already planned. How many boxes in Pritchard's checklist can you tick with confidence? Would you change the lesson plan? If so, why and how?

Most of the lessons that I am currently teaching are coming out of curriculum books so I am not necessarily planning all or the parts, but also, I am having to modify and differentiate based on the needs of the child or children that I am working with.

This week my phonics group is working on the /k/ sound specifically when we would use ck instead of c or k. To compare the parts of the lesson that I will teach in 4 20 minute sections. The blue sections are from Pritchard's guidelines, underneath is how I would approach them to meet my lesson objectives. 




The remaining points from Pritchard’s website primarily focus on the  writing process in a more detailed way than I would need to get into for this lesson as well as with the goals of this student group. I would not change my lesson as it already lines up within Pritchard's guidelines. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Almost Playground

Ugh

Allergies Of Course